Here’s a recipe for buttermilk pancakes I think you’d enjoy!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Pinch of salt
- In a bowl combine flour, sugar, salt baking soda and baking powder (dry ingredients).
- In separate bowl whisk together milk, vanilla essence and egg (wet ingredients)
- Add the wet ingredients to the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Heat grill or pan over low/medium heat.
- Using a measuring cup (or a spoon), pour mixture onto the grill/pan. I am able to average but to make it easy and to ensure all pancakes are the same size you can use 1/4 measuring cup. Pour into the middle of the pan until all of the mixture is used up.
- Bubbles will begin to form on top of the pancake while it is cooking. Once you see the bubbles, using a spatula, flip the pancake over to the other side and cook for a few seconds.
- Repeat steps 5-6 until all pancakes are finished.
- Serve with any of your favorite toppings/ syrup. TIME TO EAT!
Give it a try and send me photos!