I love trying to recreate meals I have at various food places. Here’s my attempt on a Jamaican inspired rice and peas.
- 1 1/2 cup tin red beans
- 1 1/2 cup uncooked rice
- 3 cups water
- 3 tbsp coconut powder
- 1/3 cup chopped onions
- 2 tbsp chopped pimento
- 1 tbsp chopped hot pepper
- 3 cloves grated garlic
- 1 tbsp golden ray butter
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp JGM Products complete seasoning
- Heat oil in pot on medium heat.
- Saute garlic, onions, pepper and pimento.
- Add red beans.
- Mix well.
- Add rice followed by coconut milk.
- Add golden ray butter and complete seasoning.
- Reduce heat.
- Cook for approx 20 mins or until rice is cooked (add more water if necessary).
- TIME TO EAT!!! 😀
Besure to check out the cooking video for this on https://youtu.be/wNzWCqTDx8o