Pink salmon with hot rice would be considered one of my absolute comfort foods. I love it when it’s cooked with a lot of pepper and onions. I almost always have tin salmon in my pantry. It’s one of those quick and easy meals you can prepare if you don’t feel like cooking or being in the kitchen.
I love to have it with some ketchup and as I mentioned…A LOT of pepper! Here is my quick recipe for pink salmon. Hope you enjoy it!
- 1 can pink salmon (213g)
- 1 chopped hot pepper
- 1 small chopped tomato
- 2 tbsp chopped onion
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 cloves grated garlic
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Drain liquid from can of salmon.
- Remove bone and most of the skin from salmon. Set aside.
- Heat oil in skillet on low-medium heat.
- Saute onions, garlic, tomatoes and pepper.
- Add ketchup. Stir.
- Add salmon and lime juice.
- Cook for 1-2 mins on low heaT.
- Serve with soft hot rice (for this and dhal I enjoy rice a little softer).
- TIME TO EAT!!