Curried tuna (from the tin)????
Yups you read correctly. Give me hot rice with anything and I would be a happy camper!…seriously!
During Ramadan, Muslims like myself fast daily. Usually when I break my fast I like to have ‘saucy’ and/or peppery food…so yesterday I was feeling for something like salmon and rice after so broke my fast. (You can check out my salmon recipe here:https://jennagthehijabitt.com/2017/04/18/pink-salmon-and-rice/)
The rice was almost finished so I was about to cook the salmon …rushed over to the pantry only to realize I didn’t have any! You can imagine the disappointment right??? Especially after fasting all day… so I decided to grab a tin of tuna chunks and try it out.
Here are the ingredients I used…
- 1 tin tuna chunks
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 small pepper, chopped
- Half onion, chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp JGM PRODUCTS MEDIUM
- HOT CURRY
- 1 1/2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 lime
The method was pretty simple..and similar to how I cook salmon
- Heat oil in skillet over low to medium heat
- Sauté onions, pepper and garlic
- Add curry and water. Stir well (be careful not to burn the curry too much)
- Add tuna and Lime juice. Mix,
- Cook for 1-2 mins on low heat. Stir continuously to ensure tuna is evenly coated with curry
- Serve with hot rice and cucumbers on the side
- TIME TO EAT!
I posted a photo on my Instagram (http://www.instagram.com/jennagthehijabiTT) and was surprised that were so many people who were familiar with this dish. Some said they usually include potatoes so I will definitely give it a try another time.
This experiment turned out pretty good! So good that I even had the leftovers to start my fast the following day!
Hope you guys give it a try if you haven’t don’t so as yet 😀