I actually enjoy tuna steaks quite a lot. For dinner I decided to do a simple garlic herb tuna steak.
Here is the recipe
- 1 lb tuna steaks
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 1/2 lime juice
- 1 tsp cilantro
- 1/2 tsp JGM PRODUCTS basil
- 1/2 tsp JGM PRODUCTS thyme
- Wash tuna steaks with the lime juice and set aside.
- Combine olive oil, grated garlic, salt, cilantro, basil and thyme to form a paste.
- Rub paste onto each side of the tuna steaks.
- Refrigerate and allow to marinate for 1-2 hours (if you can leave it for longer go ahead and do so…. the longer the better)
- Remove from refrigerator roughly half hour before you are ready to grill them to allow the steaks to get to room temperature.
- Spray grill with cooking spray to prevent the slices from sticking.
- Heat to medium.
- Grill tuna steaks for 3-4 mins on each side.
- Garnish with parsley
- TIME TO EAT!
My side dishes for this was cilantro rice with corn and jalapeño along with some cole slaw and grilled veggies.