We all have a sweet tooth right???…. Well most of us at least and the majority of times we tend to pick up unhealthy snacks to satisfy our cravings! Why is it that the BEST tasting snacks are always the most unhealthy! WHY?!?! Is there such thing as a good tasting, healthy snack?
Yesterday on Instagram I posted a photo of a HUGEEEE Ferrero Rocher chocolate. Hubby saw the post and decided to make me something sweet but healthier!
I’ll admit though, he did an awesome job and the best part is that it took only a few minutes to make.
Here is the recipe:
- 1 cup dry oats (old fashioned or quick cooking)
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/8 cup pecans,chopped
- 6 tbsp peanut butter
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix everything together.
- Then using your hands, separate into small pieces and roll them into balls. (You can moisten your hand a bit with water to prevent sticking.)
- Refrigerate to firm up a bit
- TIME TO EAT! lol
It was so simple and took no more than 10 mins to make! We got roughly 10 medium sized balls that were all soooo delicious.
These bites will not only satisfy your sweet tooth but they will also boost your energy level!
This is a great snack for kids as well and don’t hesitate to let them help you make them. I am sure they will have fun!
***Tip: Replace the chocolate chips with raisins for an even healthier option!***
Try it out and send me pics! 😀