Part of my regular wifey routine on mornings entails preparing brunch for the Hubby. One of the easiest and a healthy brunch option I usually choose to make (very very often lol…maybe too often lol) is none other than tuna salad.
It’s super quick, simple and not to mention absolutely tasty! The best part is that many of us would already have the ingredients needed for this recipe in their pantry on a daily basis.
Tuna salad is typically a mix of two major ingredients: tuna and mayonnaise…but when I am making it for hubby I usually add lots of veggies which add both flavor and nice crunchiness to the dish. The tuna used is usually pre-cooked, canned, and packaged in water or oil. I personally prefer using the ones in water. My brand preference is Brunswick tuna chunks (not flakes) in water. Why chunks and not flakes? The consistency is nicer with the chunks. Using tuna flakes usually makes the salad turn out too ‘smooth’.
Here is my easy recipe:
- 1 can of tuna chunks (142g)
- 1/2 lime, juice from
- 1 1/2 tbsp red onions (regular onions are fine as well), diced
- 1 1/2 tbsp sweet pepper, diced
- 1 1/2 tbsp corn kernels
- 1 pimento, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp low fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp pepper sauce (optional)
- 1/2 tsp JGM PRODUCTS garlic powder
The addition of the pepper sauce is optional. I include it as hubby tends to like tuna with lots of pepper and lime!
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Serve with toast, lettuce or crackers. You can also enjoy it alone
Told you it was pretty simple! You will love it! You can also add any vegetable you like to this recipe and as much as you would like as well.
Give this a try and let me know what you think! Your family will love it! It’s healthy and delish!
Look out for my next blogpost! 😀