Pancakes are absolutely delightful for breakfast. Actually pancakes are perfect anytime of the day! 😀😋 I’m sure we all can agree on that right?! Cutting through those stacked pancakes with melted butter and syrup running down the sides just gives a warm feeling inside!
Pancakes can be so fun as well! They can be enjoyed plain or with toppings of your choice and as many as you like and it’s one of those ‘easy to make’ items that anyone can do!
Here’s my recipe…
YIELD: 7-8 pancakes
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- In a bowl combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder (dry ingredients).
- In separate bowl whisk together milk, oil and egg (wet ingredients)
- Add the wet ingredients to the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix well. It’s ok if there are some clumps.
- Heat grill or pan over low/medium heat.
- Using a measuring cup (or a spoon), pour mixture onto the grill/pan. I am able to average but to make it easy and to ensure all pancakes are the same size you can use 1/4 measuring cup. Pour into the middle of the pan until all of the mixture is used up.
- Bubbles will begin to form on top of the pancake while it is cooking. Once you see the bubbles, using a spatula, flip the pancake over to the other side and cook for a few seconds.
- Repeat steps 5-6 until all pancakes are finished.
- Serve with any of your favorite toppings/ syrup. TIME TO EAT!
NOTE: Depending on the pan you are using, you may need to spray it with cooking spray. Be mindful however, that you will need to keep the heat low as it can get very hot with the spray resulting in an uneven colored pancake. I use a non stick pan so spray isn’t necessary and I usually get a nice even brown color.
Getting the perfect pancakes can be tricky at times but once you follow this recipe, the consistency will be perfect so you will have those ideal pancakes you are craving. The pancake mixture should not be too runny or too thick. It should be thick but able flow freely.
Sounds easy enough for you and the family to try so go on….have some fun in kitchen and prepare your family a wonderful breakfast!
Thanks for stopping by and for reading this blogpost. Be sure to follow me on Instagram to keep updated with my daily food adventures. Also, like my Facebook page and subscribe to my YouTube Channel