Here’s a delicious side dish you can prepare for lunch! Easy veggie rice! This is a fun dish as you can add just about any vegetable you like and it takes no time at all to prepare!
- 1 cup cooked parboiled rice
- 1 /2 cup corn
- 1/2 cup carrot, grated
- 1/2 cup cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 pimento, finely chopped
- 1/2 tbsp golden ray butter
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp JGM PRODUCTS garlic powder
- 2 tsp JGM PRODUCTS complete seasoning
- Heat oil in pan.
- Add Golden Ray butter to the pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic, pimentos and onions. Cook until onions are soft (do not overcook as the garlic will burn)
- Add corn, carrots, sweet peppers and cabbage
- Cook until veggies are tender
- Add some water (1-2 tbsp) if necessary to prevent it from sticking
- Add cooked rice followed by complete seasoning and garlic powder
- Mix well
- TIME TO EAT!
Please note: no salt was added to the rice while boiling as the complete seasoning used already has salt in it. Also, be sure not to over boil the rice as it can become extra soft when you add to it the veggies over the heat.
Check out the video here:
The mayo, peas and carrots and corn were all part of XTRA Foods (Trinidad) August 2018 specials. Be sure to follow them on Facebook and Instagram
Thanks so much as always for stopping by!
2 Comments Add yours