Potato salad is one of those ‘must have’ side dishes when you are eating certain meals.
Today’s menu included VEGETABLE RICE, baked chicken and of course potato salad! Potato salad is also loved alongside CHICKEN PELAU With many dishes, it’s always important to remember that there are various versions but this is how I prepare mine.
- 1 lb potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup peas and carrots
- 1 hard boiled egg, cubed or cut any way you like
- 1/4 cup red onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/4 tsp brown sugar
- 3-4 tbsp mayo
- 1/2 tsp JGM PRODUCTS garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp JGM PRODUCTS all purpose seasoning
- Boil potatoes and set aside ( be careful not to overcook the potatoes)
- Add all other ingredients to the potatoes and mix well.
- Garnish with chopped chives.
- Place in the fridge and allows to chill.
- Serve with any meal
NOTE: You can replace regular potatoes with sweet potatoes to put together a yummy sweet potato salad.
Check out the video here:
The items used in this recipe/video can all be found at XTRA Foods in Trinidad. Each month they’ve got specials on various items so don’t miss out!
I’m sure you an your family would love this! Be sure to give it a try! Thanks so much for stopping! Be sure to follow me on Instagram and don’t forget to hit that subscribe button on my YouTube Channel