Hearing the words ‘BBQ chicken’ can have your mouth watering! This easy to follow recipe guarantees a delicious BBQ chicken done in the OVEN! Yes, you can have an amazing BBQ chicken done in the oven
- 2 chicken leg/thigh and 2 chicken breast, washed and cleaned
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp bbq seasoning (contains salt so measurement can be adjusted)
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper (can be adjusted to your spice level preference)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp bbq sauce
TO BE USED WHILE BAKING:
- BBQ sauce (as much as you like)
- Form a paste with the olive oil and other dried seasonings. Rub onto each piece of chicken.
- Add BBQ seasoning.
- Ensure all chicken pieces are properly coated with the paste.
- Set aside and allow to marinate for as long as possible.
- When ready to bake, ensure chicken is at room temperature.
- Place chicken onto a foiled baking tray and cover with foil. Place in oven and bake at 400 degrees for 25 mins.
- Remove foil, coat one side of each of the pieces with BBQ sauce, place in the oven with tray uncovered and bake for 8-10 mins at 400 degrees.
- Flip chicken and repeat step 7.
- Final step is to coat one side of each piece of chicken and broil until nicely charred and there is a nice glaze on the meat.
- Flip chicken and repeat step 9.
- TIME TO EAT!!!
NOTE: The brand of seasonings used is from JGM Products Co Ltd which a company based in Trinidad and Tobago.
Check out the video here:
Hope you guys try this easy recipe and send me some feedback! To go along with it, try my roasted potatoes recipe , potato salad or vegetable rice recipe
Thanks much for stopping by!
One Comment Add yours