- 2 lbs chicken neck, properly cleaned
- 3 large chadon beni leaves, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 2 pimentos, finely chopped
- hot pepper (as much as you like)
- 5 tbsp roasted geera
- 1 1/2 tbsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp black peppe
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 small onion
- Season chicken pieces with most of the chopped chadon beni, pimentos, garlic and pepper (Save the rest for later). Add 1 tbsp geera and 1/2 tbsp curry powder, salt and black pepper. Mix well. Set aside to marinate for a few hours.
- Heat oil in pot and add onions and hot peppers. Cook until tender then add the remaining curry powder and 2 tbsp roasted geera. Keep the heat on low and stir until the curry and geera are nicely toasted and gets grainy. Add some water to prevent sticking and burning.
- Add the seasoned chicken and mix well to coat. Cook the pot and allow to cook on low heat for 2-3 mins.
- Now, remove the cover and allow most of the water to evaporate. Just before it looks as though it is about the stick or burn, add more water, the remaining green seasoning and roasted geera.
- Turn up to heat and cook until the sauce thickens and most of the water has evaporated.
- TIME TO EAT! 🙂