Saltfish with pak choi is an easy and delicious dish and not to mention very budget friendly. I personally love having it with dhal and rice but you can enjoy it with roti or even bakes.
- Pak Choi
- Onion, chopped
- Tomato, chopped
- Pimento, chopped
- Hot pepper, chopped
- Cloves of garlic, chopped
- Coconut oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Boil or soak saltfish for a few minutes to get rid of any excess salt. I usually taste a piece after a few minutes of boiling/soaking to determine how much longer it should be boiled/soaked for. Remove from water and break into small pieces. Set aside.
- Cut pak choi into small pieces.
- Heat oil in a pot over low/medium heat.
- Cook onions, garlic, pimento, hot pepper and tomato until the onions are tender.
- Add saltfish pieces. Mix well.
- Add pak choi, salt and black pepper.
- Increase heat and cook until the pak choi is to the crunchy level you like and until any liquid in the pot has evaporated. This will take only a few minutes.
- Enjoy your saltfish and pak choi.
- No measurements were provided as this is a dish that can be prepared according to your liking. You can use as much saltfish and other ingredients as you like.
Give this simple dish a try and let me know what you think.
Check out the video here: