Saltfish Rice is an easy way of putting extra cooked plain rice to use. This rice is a flavorful one that pairs nicely with anything or even alone.
- Boil or soak saltfish to remove excess salt. I usually taste it after a few minutes of boiling/soaking to determine how much longer it should be boiled or soaked for. Remove from the water and break into small pieces. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pot over low/medium heat. Add chopped pimentos, onion, garlic. Cook until tender. Add saltfish. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add butter, followed by rice. Mix well.
- Finish off by adding chopped chives.
- Enjoy your saltfish rice.
No measurements were provided for this recipe as it can be adjusted and done to your liking. If you want a strong saltfish taste, add as much as you like. You an also add other vegetables to this if you like.
Next time you have extra cooked plain rice and you want some thing different, try this recipe!
Check out the video here: