With so much fish in my freezer I decided to put together some delightful and easy fish recipes for you. Don’t worry, if you don’t eat fish or seafood, you can easily replace the fish with chicken or any other meat. Here’ my easy recipe for fish in tomato sauce.
- 4 small/medium fish fillets
- 6 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 pimentos, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- Green seasoning (as you like)
- 1-2 tbsp Chadon beni (culantro) , finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp JGM Products cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp JGM Products paprika
- JGM Products complete seasoning (as you like)￼
- 1/4-1/2 Water, or as needed
- Melt butter in pan over low medium heat.￼
- Sauté onions pimentos and garlic.
- Add chopped tomatoes, water and tomato paste. Stir well and cover pan.￼
- Cook until the tomatoes are very tender. You can use your spoon to mash them into smaller pieces to create the sauce.
- Add paprika and Cayenne pepper followed by complete season and green seasoning. Mix well.
- Once the tomatoes are tender and there are not much chunks of the tomatoes, add the fish fillets.
- Cover the pan and allow the fish to cook through properly.￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼
- Finish off by adding the chopped chadon beni.
- The amount of water used can be adjusted according to how much sauce you would like. Also, it would depend on the tomatoes used. Some tomatoes are so juicy that not much water is required.
- The complete seasoning used contains salt so no additional salt is required.
- The cayenne pepper measurement can be adjusted according to how much spice you would like in the dish.
- The fish used was mahi mahi but you can use any type of fish you like.
This can be enjoyed with just about anything like rice or even potatoes.
Be sure to give this recipe a try! I’m sure you will enjoy it. Thanks so much for stopping by!
Check out the video here: