There are so many ways that we can prepare fish. They are also so many different types of fish that we can actually cook. In this recipe I am going to be using tilapia and I am going to be putting together steamed fish in coconut milk.￼￼
- 2 medium tilapia fillets
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1/2 cup bell peppers, sliced
- 1/2 cup carrots, sliced
- 1 pimento, thinly sliced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- Green seasoning as you like
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp tomato paste
- 1/4 tsp JGM Products paprika
- JGM Products all purpose seasoning, as you like
- Heat oil in a pan over low or medium heat.￼
- Sauté onions, garlic, pimento, and tomatoes.￼
- Add bell peppers and carrots. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes.￼
- Add coconut milk, tomato paste, green seasoning, paprika and all purpose seasoning.￼ Stir well Then add the fish fillets.
- Cover pan and cook on low heat until the fish is properly cooked through.￼ depending on the thickness of the fish, you can add more coconut milk or water if necessary.
- Once the fish is finished cooking, feel free to garnish with freshly chopped parsley or culantro.￼￼
- Enjoy your fish in coconut milk with some basmati rice or any other side that you like.￼
- I used tilapia in this recipe but it is recommended that you use a slightly firmer fish. If you are using soft fish be careful not to overcook it as it can break apart.￼
- You can use any vegetables and in any quantity you like.￼
- Coconut milk adds a very rich flavor to any dish so you can tone it down by using some water in addition to the coconut milk.
- No additional salt is required as the all purpose seasoning used contains salt.￼￼￼
I hope you try this simple and delicious recipe and let me know what you thought about it. Thanks so much for stopping by.
If you are in the United Kingdom or environs you can purchase some of the JGM seasonings that I use in my recipes via the following links.
The company from which you will be ordering from is based in the UK so delivery is quick and simple.
Click on this link to see the items available: JGM seasonings