Lasagn, as many of us already know, is a dish comprising of various layers of lasagne sheets, cheese, and in most cases meat and/or veggies.
I usually prefer a minced beef lasagna but today I decided to use minced chicken. It’s a pretty straightforward dish to make and like many other dishes, you can put your own twist to it.
Let’s get started!
- 1 pack lasagne pasta sheets
- 1 lb minced chicken
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small pimento, chopped
- 1/4 cup sweet peppers, chopped
- 1 tin (115g) sliced mushrooms
- 4 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp JGM PRODUCTS cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp JGM PRODUCTS paprika
- 1 tsp JGM PRODUCTS MSG free complete seasoning
- 1 tsp cilantro
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and Sauté onions, garlic and pimentos.
- Add minced chicken and all remaining ingredients except the milk, eggs and butter to the pan. Cook on low/medium heat until chicken is properly cooked through.
- In a mixing bowl combine the eggs, melted butter and milk. Whisk well.
- Now it’s time to put together the dish. In a greased baking dish, place a layer of the cooked lasagne sheets followed by a layer of minced meat and then a layer of the milk/egg/butter mixture and a sprinkle of cheese. Repeat until all the ingredients are finished. I got about 4 layers.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top of all the layers and cover with foil. Lightly grease the inside of the foil to prevent sticking to the cheese.
- Bake for roughly 30 mins at 350degrees
- Allow to cool before serving.
- TIME TO EAT!
I used veggies in my recipe but you don’t need to if you aren’t a fan. I just love including various elements to my dishes. You can also use various cheese. I stuck to cheddar but feel free to have fun with it and add as much as you want! 😀
Hubby and I enjoyed this for dinner with a side of salad. Boy was it good! And he isn’t a fan of lasagna…. but guess what! He went for seconds😀👌🏼
Hope you give my recipe as try and send me some feedback! Thanks much for stopping by my website and for reading this blogpost.
Also subscribe to my YouTube Channel