Lasagn, as many of us already know, is a dish comprising of various layers of lasagne sheets, cheese, and in most cases meat and/or veggies.
I usually prefer a minced beef lasagna but today I decided to use minced chicken. It’s a pretty straightforward dish to make and like many other dishes, you can put your own twist to it.
Let’s get started!
- 1 pack lasagne pasta sheets
- 1 lb minced chicken
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small pimento, chopped
- 1/4 cup sweet peppers, chopped
- 1 tin (115g) sliced mushrooms
- 4 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp JGM PRODUCTS cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp JGM PRODUCTS paprika
- 1 tsp JGM PRODUCTS MSG free complete seasoning
- 1 tsp cilantro
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and Sauté onions, garlic and pimentos.
- Add minced chicken and all remaining ingredients except the milk, eggs and butter to the pan. Cook on low/medium heat until chicken is properly cooked through.
- In a mixing bowl combine the eggs, melted butter and milk. Whisk well.
- Now it’s time to put together the dish. In a greased baking dish, place a layer of the cooked lasagne sheets followed by a layer of minced meat and then a layer of the milk/egg/butter mixture and a sprinkle of cheese. Repeat until all the ingredients are finished. I got about 4 layers.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top of all the layers and cover with foil. Lightly grease the inside of the foil to prevent sticking to the cheese.
- Bake for roughly 30 mins at 350degrees
- Allow to cool before serving.
- TIME TO EAT!
I used veggies in my recipe but you don’t need to if you aren’t a fan. I just love including various elements to my dishes. You can also use various cheese. I stuck to cheddar but feel free to have fun with it and add as much as you want! 😀
Hubby and I enjoyed this for dinner with a side of salad. Boy was it good! And he isn’t a fan of lasagna…. but guess what! He went for seconds😀👌🏼
Hope you give my recipe as try and send me some feedback! Thanks much for stopping by my website and for reading this blogpost.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and on Facebook Page.
Also subscribe to my YouTube Channel