Tis the season where there’s turkey on just about everyone’s dinner table… not to mention the large amounts of leftovers after the festivities.
This easy meal idea is perfect for those, like myself, who not only dislikes wasting food but also enjoys a good West Indian curry!
Take the leftover turkey and make a whole meal with it…. leftover curry turkey with chick peas!
- 3 cups cooked turkey pieces
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 hot pepper
- 1 tbsp green seasoning
- 2-3 curry leaves
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tin chick peas (15.8oz), drained and washed
- 2 1/2 tbsp JGM PRODUCTS hot hot curry
- 1/2 tbsp JGM PRODUCTS roasted geera
- 3/4 cup water
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat oil in pot over low/medium heat.
- Add curry leaves, onions and pepper. Cook until onions are tender.
- Add curry powder and geera. Reduce heat and keep stirring for 1-2 mins. Add a little water in between to prevent sticking/burning.
- Add turkey pieces and chick peas. Mix well to coat everything with the curry mixture.
- Add remaining water and simmer just for a few mins (1-2mins).
- Serve with plain rice.
- TIME TO EAT!
Check out the video here:
This easy meal idea idea is perfect for you! The turkey and chick peas are already cooked through so once coated with the curry mixture, that’s about it! You’ve got yourself a delicious meal!
You can even add coconut milk to the curry and/or potatoes! Trust me… you will love it !
Give it a try and be sure to follow me on Instagram and Facebook!
Thanks for stopping by!