Here in Trinidad and Tobago it is back to school and back to work for those who were on vacation. The hustle is on again and at the end of a longggg day you still have to prepare dinner for you and the family.
Chicken and veggies is a super simple dish to put together and takes very little prep time! One thing I strongly recommend is taking some time on the weekends and preparing your meats for the upcoming week or 2 weeks. For example, have chicken breast already cut into pieces and portioned out so after a hard day at work you can still get home and prepare a super quick delish homemade meal!
For this recipe, the veggies I used were cauliflower, mushrooms and string beans but you can use any veggies you like.
- 2 boneless/skinless chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup string beans, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup cauliflower
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 gloves garlic, grated
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp JGM PRODUCTS all purpose seasoning
- 1/4 tsp JGM PRODUCTS garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp JGM PRODUCTS ground chilies
- 1/2 tsp JGM PRODUCTS paprika
- Add paprika, chillies, garlic powder and all purpose to the chicken. Mix well.
- Add oil to a pan over medium heat followed by the butter and garlic.
- Add chicken pieces and mix well to coat the chicken with the garlic and butter.
- Cover pan, reduce heat and cook for 1 min.
- Add veggies and mix well. Cover pan and cook for 2-3 mins. Stir occasionally.
- Remove cover, increase heat and allow any excess liquid to dry out.
- TIME TO EAT.
To go with this dish, I had some pasta salad and fresh salad that were both made ahead of time….so in just a few minutes, you have yourself a delightful full meal for everyone! If you wish, while preparing this dish, you can boil some jasmine rice which will go wonderfully with this chicken and veggies dish.
Good luck with this new school term and being back out to work! I’m always one who prefers having homemade meals for the family. This is one everyone will love! Remember….potato salad, macaroni salad, fresh salad, salsas are side dishes that can be done ahead of time and refrigerated for a few days. This can save lots of time in the kitchen!
Check out the video here:
Thanks much for stopping by. Be sure to follow me on Instagram to keep updated on my daily food adventures!