Today I had some kitchen fun with one of the best cooks ever… my Mummy! She whipped up curry duck, dhal, rice, caraille(bitter melon) and some roasted coconut chutney!!!
Coconut chutney is just an amazingly delicious condiment that goes so so so well with curry dishes and many street foods here in Trinidad and Tobago.
This is such an easy dish to make and takes no time at all!
- 1 dried coconut
- 8-9 Chadon beni leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 whole hot pepper
- salt to taste
- Break/Open coconut (by hitting it on the ground or using a chopper) and drain the liquid.
- Remove the hard outer layer of the coconut so you are left with the white flesh.
- Place the pieces of the flesh over fire and roast them lightly.
- Once roasted, add them to the food processor. Hit the pulse buttonuntil the coconut pieces are very fine.
- Add Chadon beni, salt, garlic and pepper and continue pulsing until all ingredients are fine and combined well.
- Serve with your favorite food!
- TIME TO EAT!
Check out the video here:
Coconut chutney is one of my absolute favorites! One thing to remember is to ensure that the coconut pieces are very small so you wouldn’t be biting into chunks of coconut while eating.
Give this a try next time you are cooking up some curry at home! You will love it!
Thanks much for stopping by! Be sure to follow me on Instagram (@jennagthehijabitt) and subscribe to my YouTube channel!
2 Comments Add yours
I’m usually to blogging and i actually recognize your content. The article has actually peaks my interest. I’m going to bookmark your site and preserve checking for brand spanking new information.