Wondering how to make a delicious hummus? Believe me… it’s super easy!
Here’s my recipe:
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas/ Channa
- 1/2 cup tahini sauce
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 – 3/4 tsp salt (can be adjusted according to your preference)
- 3/4 tsp cumin or JGM PRODUCTS roasted geera
- 1/2 tsp JGM PRODUCTS paprika
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 4-6 tbsp cold water
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- Add chick peas and garlic to the processor. Process until smooth with no chunks of chick peas of garlic.
- Add all other ingredients to the food processor and process until you’ve got a smooth and creamy mixture.
Are you wondering what the next step??! It’s simple TO EAT!
Yup! It’s that easy to make hummus. I’ve read a few times that the key to the making the best hummus is the order in which the ingredients are added.
I’ll be honest however and say that a few times I was in a hurry and just added all the ingredients together and still got an amazingggg and smooth hummus so I’ll leave it up to you to decide now that you know the ingredients .
The brand of tahini sauce that I used and got here in Trinidad is ‘Roland’… it’s a bit difficult to notice on the shelf so I suggest you ask someone at the supermarket for some help.
Also, I prefer not to use the tin chick peas so usually I soak the Channa over night and cook them in a pressure cooker to save on some cook time the following day.
… so that’s it for the hummus recipe! Hope you guys give it a try! Don’t forget to leave me some feedback!😋😊
If you’re wondering what dish to prepare that will go amazingly well with this hummus, then you should definitely my Roasted Potatoes recipe!
Check out the hummus video here: