Lasagna is a dish packed with flavour and one that can be enjoyed by itself. It consists of pasta and meat or veggies with cheese!
Grated cheese (as much as you like 🙂 )
- 1lb minced chicken
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, grated
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1 tsp JGM Products All Purpose Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp JGM Products Cayenne Pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2-3 sprigs thyme
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 cup sweet pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tsp JGM Products basil
- 1 tsp JGM Products whole oregano
- 1/2 tsp JGM Products white pepper
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- Cook lasagna sheets until half way cooked. Set aside.
- In a pan, heat oil and add onions and garlic. Cook until tender.
- Add minced chicken, spaghetti sauce, mushrooms, sweet peppers, cayenne, herbs and all purpose seasoning. Cook on low-medium heat until chicken is properly cooked through. Set aside.
- For the white sauce, melt butter in a pan on low heat. Add the flour and milk and whisk until the sauce thickens. Add herbs and white pepper with a pinch of salt.
- Now it is time to assemble. To a greased tray, add some of the white sauce, then layer the pasta sheets, then the chicken followed by the cheese. Repeat until dish is filled with layers.
- Top with cheese and fresh parsley.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 mins or until crust is nice melted and brown.
Please note: The baking dish I used for this recipe measured 8 x 5 1/2 inches so adjust the recipe accordingly if you are using a larger dish.
Check out the video here: