- 1 tin chickpeas, drained
- 1 small onion
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1 pimento (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1/4 tsp JGM Products Basil
- 1/2 tsp JGM Products Roasted Geera/Cumin
- 1/2 tsp JGM Products Complete Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp JGM Products Cayenne Pepper (can be adjusted)
- Chadon Beni (culantro) or any fresh herbs (as much as you like)
- Egg (optional)
- Vegetable oil (if pan frying)
NOTE: Complete Seasoning contains salt so adjust according to your preference.
- Place chickpeas, onion, garlic, pimento, culantro, basil, geera/cumin, cayenne pepper, complete seasoning in food processor. Process until smooth.
- Empty into a bowl and add the breadcrumbs. If you are using egg, add the egg as well. Mix well and combine all ingredients.
- Form into patties. These measurements usually provide 5-6 patties but you can determine the size/thickness and shape of them.
- Grill/Pan Fry on each side 3-5 minutes on each side on medium heat. The cook time will depend on the thickness of the patties.
- Assemble chickpeas burger and ENJOY!
Video can be seen here: