Who doesn’t love some good Chinese food? This easy recipe for chinese style chicken, fried rice and Chowmein is too good not to try!
- 2 leg/thigh & 2 breast
- 1/2 tbsp JGM Products Chinese Seasoning
- 1/4 tbsp JGM Products Five Spice Powder
- Oil for frying
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 1/4 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp corn starch
- 6 tbsp water
- 1 clove garlic grated
- grated ginger (use to your liking)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Season chicken pieces with five spice powder and Chinese seasoning. Set aside for a few minutes.
- Deep fry the chicken in oil for roughly 25 minutes.
- While the chicken is frying, heat the olive oil in another pan over low/medium heat.
- Add the garlic and ginger followed but all the other ingredients listed under ‘SAUCE’ above. Simmer until the sauce thickens. This takes only a few minutes.
- Once the chicken is properly fried, cut into small pieces and add the sauce made in step 4.
- ENJOY YOUR CHINESE STYLE CHICKEN!
NOTE: Instead of frying, you can bake the chicken or use an air fryer. If you choose to use the air fryer, add some soy sauce to the chicken and coat with olive oil. Air Fry for roughly 30 -35 minutes.
Check out the video here: