If you want to get a little creative for lunch or dinner, then you will want to try this chicken breast stuffed with chowmein.
The chowmein was cooked then stuffed into the chicken breasts which were then cooked in the airfryer. A delicious and simple oyster sauce was made and then drizzled over the chicken breast.
In this recipe, I used Chinese Seasoning from the TAI KONG brand which JGM Products in Trinidad carries. Check them out on Facebook and Instagram (JGM PRODUCTS).
- 2 Chicken breasts, cut along the side to form an opening or pocket
- 1/4 tsp JGM Products five spice powder
- 1/4 tsp TAI KONG Chinese seasoning
- 1/4 tsp Soy sauce
- Cabbage, thinly sliced
- Carrots, thinly sliced
- Sweet Peppers, sliced
- Onion, sliced
- PimentoC thinly sliced
- garlic, grated
- Ginger, grated
- Sesame oil
- Cooking oil
- TAI KONG Chinese seasoning
Oyster sauce recipe can be found here
- Season chicken with soy sauce, five spice powder and Chinese seasoning. Set aside.
- Heat cooking oil in wok. Once heated, cook garlic, ginger and onions until tender.
- Add all other vegetables, sesame oil and Chinese seasoning. Cook until veggies are crunchy or tender to your liking.
- Stuff each chicken breast with as much chowmein as you like.
- Use a toothpick to hold the open ends of the chicken breasts together.
- Place in the airfryer and cook according to the recommended temperature and cook time. I cook mine at 392 degrees for 10-12 minutes but it will vary depending on the size of your chicken.
- Slice chicken breast. Top with oyster sauce.
- Enjoy your stuffed chicken breast.
- No specific measurements were provided for the chowmein as this is a dish that can be adjusted to your preference. You can add as much of any vegetable as you like. The ratio can also vary. For example, you may like more carrots than sweet peppers in your chowmein etc.
- The seasoning used on the chicken breasts as well can be adjusted according to your liking. Be mindful that the soy sauce will add the salt factor as well as the Chinese seasoning so be sure to adjust accordingly.
Hope you guys enjoyed this and try it out soon!
Check out the video here: