Coleslaw is a side dish that complements many dishes. In Trinidad, we enjoy it with pelau, callaloo and other main foods.
As with most dishes, there are different variations. Here’s my version.
- 3 cups cabbage, grated
- 1/2 cup carrots, grated
- 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Apple cider vinegar
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Add carrots and cabbage to a food processor. Process until there are no large chunks.
- Combine with all the other ingredients listed above. Mix well
- Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.