Lentil peas would probably be one of my favorite types of peas/beans! Cooking it with curry and coconut milk gives it such an amazingly rich flavor!
- 1 cup lentils
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 pimentos, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, grated
- Hot pepper (as you like)
- 1/2 cup carrots, chopped
- 2 tbsp green seasoning
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut milk
- 2 tbsp JGM Products curry powder
- 1/2 tsp JGM Products Roasted Geera
- Water (as much as is needed)
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in pot over low heat.
- Add onions, garlic, pepper and pimento. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until the onions are tender.
- Add curry powder. Cook for 2-3 minutes while stirring constantly. This ‘toasting’ step is important in bringing out the flavors in the curry.
- Add a small amount of water (a few tbsps). Continue cooking until the mixture thickens up (roughly 1-2 mins).
- Add lentils, carrots, coconut milk and water (enough to cover all the lentils). Mix well. Increase heat to medium and cook until lentils are soft. Stir occasionally and add more water as necessary.
- When it’s just about finished, add the green seasoning and Geera. Mix well.
- Remove from the heat when the lentils is tender enough to your liking and there is enough ‘sauce’ or liquid in the lentils.
- Enjoy your curried lentils!
Video can be seen here: