If you ever have ripened bananas at home and you are not sure what to do with them, this recipe is the answer! This chocolate chip banana bread is one you will absolutely love!
- 2-3 ripened bananas
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 – 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp JGM PRODUCTS cinnamon powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 8 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/2 cup mini Chocolate chips (or as much as you like)
- Preheat oven to 345-350 degrees.
- Using a fork mash bananas in a bowl.
- Add butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla essence and cinnamon powder. Whisk until properly combined.
- Fold in flour, salt and baking soda.
- Add chocolate chips….properly fold into mixture.
- Add mixture to a greased bread pan (8″x4″ approx).
- Top with chocolate chips
- Bake for approximately 50-55 mins
- Remove and allow to cool.
- Cut into slices and TIME TO EAT!
Points to note:
Adjust the amount of sugar depending on the ripeness of the bananas. The riper the bananas the sweeter they are.
I used mini chocolate chips but you can use any type of chocolate pieces such as chunks or the larger size chocolate chips.
Monitor the temperature carefully. Reduce if the bread begins to crack on top. This usually means the temperature is too hot and/or the pan is too small.