Pepper Beef and Basmati Rice is one of my favorite meals and it’s so easy to make! 😋😋😋
YIELD: 3-4 servings
1/2 lb beef, thinly sliced
2 cups red and yellow bell peppers,sliced
1 cup onions, sliced
4 cloves garlic, grated
2 tsp ginger, grated
1 1/4 cup water
2 tsp dark soy sauce
2 tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp sugar
2 tsp corn starch
2 tbsp Chosen Foods avocado oil
JGM Products chili powder (as much as you like)
Chili flakes (as much as you like)
Salt as needed
Chopped chives for garnish
- Add a pinch of salt and chili powder to beef strips. Set aside.
- Combine sugar, soy sauce, water, corn starch and sesame oil in a bowl and set aside.
- Heat oil in wok then sauté the garlic and ginger.
- Add beef strips and cook until meat is tender.
- Add the onions, bell peppers along with the sauce created in step 2.
- Add chili flakes and as much chili powder as you like.
- Cook for a few minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Taste and add salt if necessary.
- Garnish with chives and serve with rice.
Visit KJM Distribution on Facebook for info on where you can purchase the Chosen Foods avocado oil in Trinidad