Sometimes I honestly have no idea what to make for dinner especially when I didn’t go grocery shopping and there are limited pantry items to choose from at home.
For dinner today, I pulled some brussel sprouts from the refrigerator and chick peas from the pantry and decided to roast them. At times, I prefer to just be simple with my meals.
Here’s my quick and easy recipe:
- 1 tin chick peas (450g)
- 1 lb brussel sprouts
- 2 tbsp margarine
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp JGM Products paprika
- 1/2 tsp JGM Products all purpose seasoning
- 1 tsp JGM Products parsley
- 2 tsp Parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat
- Add margarine and let it melt
- Add brussel sprouts and chick peas followed by paprika, parsley and all purpose seasoning
- Cook with skillet covered without stirring until brussel sprouts and chick peas are golden brown (roughly 3-4 mins). I chose to keep the skillet closed as it helped with getting that roasted flavors infused in the brussel sprouts.
- Stir to turn the brussel sprouts and chick peas and continue cooking in skillet covered on the other side until golden brown (roughly 3 -4 mins)
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese
- TIME TO EAT!
Hope you guys get to try this and let me know what you think. In addition to this, I made a simple chicken pasta with tomato sauce to have with it.