MAC N CHEESE = COMFORT FOOD!
We all love mac n cheese right? Welll….most of us at least lol. It’s generally considered not too healthy butttt why not include some veggies to make it a little bit healthy??? 😀 Veggies in mac n cheese add great flavors and different textures which your taste buds will appreciate without a doubt!
Here is my version…
- 2 cups elbows/macaroni
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1 pimento, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 2 chadon beni leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup carrots, chopped
- 1/2 cup sweet peppers, chopped
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 1/2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tbsp JGM Products complete seasoning
- Cook elbows/macaroni according to package instructions. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and onions. Saute.
- Add chadon beni, carrots, corn, sweet peppers and tomatoes. Cook until veggies are tender. Reduce heat if necessary and cover skillet.
- Add evaporated milk followed by cheese and complete seasoning. Mix well.
- Combine the cooked elbows/macaroni with the cheesy sauce in skillet.
- Toss well to ensure all the elbows/macaroni are coated with the veggies/cheese.
- TIME TO EAT!\
The great thing about this is that you can add just about any veggie in any quantity as you like. I tend to grab the easiest things I can find. It’s a super easy recipe and takes no time at all.
I hope you give it a try and send me some feedback. Leave me comment and also feel free to share your version of Mac n Cheese! I’d love to hear it! 🙂
Here’s the video for it:
Be sure to follow me on: