These days hubby insists on more baked foods and healthy options. A few days ago I made fish and veggies foil packets and posted a pic on Instagram and been trying to come up with easy baked meals recently.
Today I headed to the supermarket and grabbed some veggies for dinner….got back home and literally had no idea what to make….so this was really an experiment gone good 😀 lol. This a great recipe for you to try and it’s very simple and easy with not much clean up required after.
- 3 medium mushrooms, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, cubed
- 1 medium carrot, cubed
- 1 medium onion, cubed
- 3 medium red skin potatoes, cubed
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 tbsp chilies flakes
- 2 chicken quarters (I used leg/thigh and breast)
- 1 tsp JGM PRODUCTS all purpose seasoning
- 8 sprigs of fresh thyme
FOR CHICKEN MARINADE:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lime, juice from
- 1/2 tsp JGM PRODUCTS all purpose seasoning
- 1/2 tbsp JGM PRODUCTS garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp JGM PRODUCTS paprika
POINT TO NOTE: If you don’t have fresh cilantro and parsley, you can use the dried packed herbs. Also, remember that the measurements can vary based on your tolerance of certain seasonings/herbs.
- Properly clean chicken.
- Combine olive oil, lime juice, all purpose seasoning, garlic powder and paprika to form the marinade. Rub it evenly on chicken pieces.
- Refrigerate chicken and allow it to marinate for 1 hour minimum. (Remember to remove chicken from the fridge roughly half hour prior to use to ensure it’s at room temperature by the time you are ready to bake it)
- Spread the chopped vegetables on a greased tray. (I used 2 small foil trays…one for me and one for the husband) but you can use one big tray if you prefer)
- Combine the melted butter, olive oil, herbs, chilies flakes, garlic and all purpose seasoning. Mix well and drizzle over the vegetables. You might notice that not all the veggies will be coated after you drizzle the mixture. You can toss the vegetables around in the tray to coat them all.
- Place chicken on top veggies and top with sprigs of thyme and tightly cover with foil.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake chicken/veggies and potatoes for 1 hour and 20 mins.
- Remove foil and bake at 375 degrees for a further 15 mins.
- Finally, broil for roughly 10 mins or until chicken is golden brown.
- TIME TO EAT!
NOTE: Be sure to monitor the chicken. You don’t want to under or overcook it. Also, cut potatoes into small/medium cubes to allow them to cook the same time as the chicken. The chicken I used were fairly big so be sure to check yours while baking. Step 8 may not have to be that long depending on the size of the meat used.
Hubby enjoyed this a lot. I am not a potatoes kinda girl but it was really good. Initially I used 3 tbsp of butter but he suggested I cut it down….it was a healthier way to enjoy this…
I hope you give this a try. It’s really simple and very delicious! 🙂
One Comment Add yours
Really great visual appeal on this website , I’d rate it 10 10.