Shepherd’s pie is an amazing comfort dish that consists of layers of minced meat and potatoes. In this recipe I’m going to use minced chicken but you can use minced beef if you like.
YIELD: 8×8 dish
For potato layer:
- 2 lbs potatoes (approx 7 small/medium potatoes)
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp margarine or butter
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 tsp JGM Products complete seasoning
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (or as you like)
For minced meat layer:
- 1/2 lb minced chicken
- 1/2 cup green garden peas
- 1/2 tsp JGM Products complete seasoning
- 1/2 tsp JGM Products cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp JGM Products paprika
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 pimento, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp green seasoning
- 2 tbsp chives
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Water (only if necessary)
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese (or as you like)
- Peel and cut potatoes into slices. Boil until tender.
- While potatoes are boiling, heat oil in a pan over low/medium heat.
- Add onions, garlic, pimento. Cook until onions are tender. Add all other ingredients listed below ‘For minced meat layer’. Cook until chicken is fully cooked through. Add water only if necessary.
- Once chicken is fully cooked through, remove from the heat and set aside.
- Using a potato masher, mash the cooked potatoes until there are no chunks.
- Add all other ingredients listed below (For potato layer’. Mix well.
- In a greased baking dish, add a layer of potato, then a layer of the minced chicken followed by another layer of the potato. Top with cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
- Allow the pie to cool below cutting.
- Enjoy your shepherd’s pie
This is another recipe that can be adjusted to your liking. You can use any type of cheese and also any amount. Same goes for all other ingredients.
I hope you guys try this recipe and send me pics of the finished product! Will love to see your creation!
Check out the video here: