This no fry sweet and sour chicken is a MUST try.
YIELD: 6-7 servings
- 4 chicken breasts, deboned and skinless, cut into chunks
- 1 cup pineapple sliced, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup sweet peppers, cut into chunks
- 2 large onions, cut into chunks
- 3-4 cloves garlic, grated
- 1/2 tbsp ginger, grated
- 2-3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 cups sweet and sour sauce
- Tai Kong all purpose seasoning to taste
- Add a pinch of all purpose seasoning to the chicken chunks. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok. Sauté onions, garlic, ginger. Add sweet peppers followed by chicken.
- When chicken is properly cooked through, add sweet and sour sauce and pineapple. Cook until it begins to bubble.
- Taste and add all purpose seasoning according to your taste.
- Serve with any of your favorite side dishes.
This no fry version of sweet and sour chicken is absolutely delicious without the extra oil from frying.
The sweet and sour sauce used was store bought so it makes it so much easier to put together the dish and trust me… that sauce is amazing!
If you do want to fry the chicken chunks, simply season with some all purpose seasoning and garlic powder. Coat with egg and corn starch then fry. In the wok, cook the onions, garlic, ginger and sweet peppers, add the sauce and pineapple and lastly add the fried chicken pieces. This is similar to the Fish in oyster sauce where the fish was cooked first then added last to the oyster sauce.
The all purpose seasoning used will add the salt factor to the dish so there is no need to add extra salt.
I hope you enjoy this dish! You can try my chicken fried rice recipe to enjoy with this sweet and sour chicken.
Check out the video here: