If you are looking for a delicious vegetarian dish, this recipe is for you! I’m going to show you today how to put together a delightful flavor packed geera mushrooms and channa!
YIELD: 3-4 servings
- 1 can of channa, rinsed and drained
- 4 oz button or white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp green seasoning
- 1/2 tsp JGM Products curry powder
- 1 tsp JGM Products roasted geera
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- Hot pepper (as you like)
- Salt and pepper to taste
To be used while cooking:
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp JGM products roasted geera
- Water, if needed
- Add channa and mushrooms to a bowl. Add green seasoning, 1 tsp roasted geera, 1/2tsp curry powder, salt and black pepper. Mix well.
- Heat oil in a pot over low/medium heat. Add onions, garlic and peppers. Cook until onions are translucent.
- Add channa and mushrooms. Cook until mushrooms are tender. This will take 5-8minutes. Add only a small amount of water if necessary to prevent it from sticking.
- Once mushrooms are properly cooked through, add 1 tbsp roasted geera or mix thoroughly. Taste and adjust salt.
- Serve with rice or roti. Enjoy!
This dish is perfect for those of you who may be fasting and looking for a fantastic spicy veggie dish! It can be adjusted to suit your spice tolerance. You can also add more of the geera if you want a stronger geera flavor.
If you wish to cook the mushrooms before adding the chickpeas, you can do so to ensure the chickpeas maintain their firmness. I preferred adding them the same time as the mushrooms to get soft/mashed up pieces of channa. I think it’s perfect this way for the geera taste and when eating it with some rice.
I hope you guys try this soon and of course be sure to let me know what you think about it! Thanks for stopping by! 😃
Check out the video here: