Stew Mushrooms and cauliflower is yet another delightful way to enjoy vegetables. In Trinidad we stew just about anything so stewing these veggies may not come as a surprise to some but if you have never heard about this, well here’s your chance to try it.
YIELD: 4-6 servings
- 8-10 button/white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small/medium cauliflower, cut into small pieces
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 small tomatoes, chopped
- Hot pepper as you like
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 – 1 1/2 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp green seasoning
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- JGM Products all purpose seasoning (as needed)
- Water as needed
- Combine mushrooms, tomatoes, cauliflower, onions, pepper, green seasoning and all purpose seasoning. Mix well.
- Heat oil in a pot over low/medium. Add sugar. Keep stirring until it forms a cake like batter.
- Stir in ketchup then add vegetables. Mix well to coat all pieces with the ketchup/sugar mixture.
- Add just a little water to cover the contents.
- Cook until veggies are tender and there is enough gravy.
- Time to enjoy your Trini stew!
This is a fun Trini stew recipe that can be done with meat as well. The addition of the green seasoning and hot pepper adds that true Trini taste!
Give this a try soon and let me know what you think about it.
Check out the video here: