Trinis love curry and many people also love pasta so why not combine them! Believe me, this curry pasta dish is one you will love!
YIELD: 3 servings
- 1 can channa, drained and rinsed
- 1 – 1 1/2 cup eggplant, peeled and diced
- 1 tbsp coconut powder
- 1 1/2 cup water (or as needed)
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Hot pepper as you like
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp JGM Products curry powder
- Pinch of roasted geera
- 1 1/2 tbsp green seasoning
- 3-4 curry leaves
- 1 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Approx. 100-150g Fettuccine
- Boil fettuccine according to package instructions. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pot over low heat.
- Sauté onions, garlic, pepper.
- Add curry leaves and curry powder. Keep stirring for 2-3 minutes. This is to toast the powder to help release the flavors. Add a little water only if necessary to prevent any sticking or burning.
- Add roughly 3-4 tbsp water. Keep stirring until a paste a formed.
- Add eggplant pieces. Mix well to coat with the curry.
- Add water and coconut milk powder. Cook until egg plant is almost tender and/or begins to melt.
- Add chickpeas, green seasoning and salt to taste.
- Continue cooking until the eggplant is fully cooked through. Add a pinch of roasted geera just before it is completely finished.
- Once the curry sauce has thickened up, add boiled fettuccine. Mix well.
- Garnish with chopped chives/parsley/celery.
- Enjoy your curry pasta!
- Honestly I totally forgot to measure the amount of fettuccine used. Just in case you boiled too much, you can save it for another dish.
- You can use any type of pasta you like.
- You can also serve the curry and pasta separately instead of combining them.
- You can use any other vegetable.
- You can also eliminate the eggplant and use only chickpeas.
- If you don’t have curry leaves, it’s no problem.
Check out the video here:
Give this one a try for sure! Amazingly good Trini Curry Pasta!