Holiday season = Chow Chow for most Trinidadians. Chow chow is similar to a relish and is mainly enjoyed with meats, homemade bread and pasteles.
These potatoes are a great way to put extra chow chow to use!
- 3 medium potatoes
- 1 1/2 tbsp chow chow
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1 tbsp olives, sliced
- 1 pimento, chopped
- 2/3 cups grated cheese (or as you like)
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tbsp JGM Products Cajun seasoning
- Salt to taste
- Parsley and pimento slices to garnish
- Extra cheese for topping, as you like
- Properly wash potatoes with the skin on. Ensure the skin is clean.
- Bake at 375 degrees for approx 40 minutes or until soft. You can test it by sticking a knife or fork in the potato.
- Cut lengthways down each potato. Scoop the inside of the potatoes and place in a bowl. Set aside the potato skins.
- Using a fork or potato masher, crush potato until smooth.
- Add capers, olives, chow chow, pimento, salt, Cajun seasoning, milk and cheese. Mix well.
- Scoop some of the mixture into each potato skin until all the mixture is used up.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees until the cheese melts.
- Enjoy your festive stuffed baked potatoes.
Check out the video here: