Vegetables should be eaten regularly as they contain so many nutritional benefits but I am unfortunately not a fan of veggies. I do try to eat them as often as possible though but it doesn’t always work out so what I try to do is include them with other ingredients that I enjoy. In this case, I am adding some shrimp to them! YUM!
This is a super easy dish that you can put together using whatever vegetables you have on hand. The measurements for the various ingredients can also be adjusted accordingly.
YIELD: 4-6 servings
- 16-20 medium shrimp, cleaned and deveined.
- 2 medium onions, cubed
- 3-5 cloves garlic, grated
- 2 cans black mushrooms
- 2 cups Carrots (or as much as you like), sliced
- 1 head Bok Choy (or as much as you like), cut into chunks
- 2 cups Sweet Peppers (or as you like), sliced or cubed
- 3-4 tbsp. sesame oil (or as you like)
- 4 tbsp. butter
- JGM PRODUCTS Cajun seasoning
- JGM PRODUCTS dried parsley
- JGM PRODUCTS MSG free all purpose seasoning
- Add pinch of cajun seasoning and all purpose seasoning to the shrimp. Mix well and set aside.
- Melt butter in a wok over low/medium heat.
- Sauté garlic then add shrimp. Cook for 1-2 minutes or each side.
- Add carrots, sweet peppers and mushrooms. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until veggies are tender/crunchy to your liking.
- Add pak choy and onions. Increase heat to medium and cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Add sesame oil as you like along with cajun seasoning, all purpose seasoning and parsley. Mix well.
- Enjoy your delightful shrimp and vegetables.
- This recipe provides the ingredients I used along with the measurements. You can adjust them according to your liking.
- You can replace the shrimp with chicken if you don’t eat shrimp/seafood.
- I kept the shell on the shrimp but you can remove it if you prefer.
If you are based in the United Kingdom and environs, you can purchase some of the JGM Products line of seasonings from an online based UK store.
Click on the products you will like to purchase:
I hope you try this easy and simple recipe! Thanks for stopping by!
Check out the video here: