Vegetable rice is a great dish that includes both carbs and veggies but what about adding some curry to it? Why not? This curry vegetable rice using basmati rice is super easy to prepare and of course filled with flavor!
YIELD: 3-4 servings
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 cup frozen vegetables
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, grated
- 2-3 curry leaves
- 1-2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tbsp. green seasoning, or as you like
- 2 tbsp. JGM Products curry powder
- 1/8 tsp JGM Products roasted geera or as you like
- Pinch of turmeric powder
- Hot Pepper, as you like
- Salt to taste
- Water as needed
- ￼Soak basmati rice for roughly 15 minutes or according to the package instruction.
- Boil until the rice is halfway to three quarter way cooked through. It should NOT be fully cooked through in this step.
- Remove from the water and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pot over low/medium heat.￼
- Sauté onions, garlic, curry leaves and hot peppers.￼
- Add curry powder and toast for 2 to 3 minutes while stirring continuously. This step helps to release the flavors from the curry powder.
- ￼ Add approximately 1/4 cup of water and stir until a thick curry paste forms. You can add more water if necessary.￼
- Once the paste is form add the vegetables, pinch of turmeric powder and green seasoning. Stir properly to ensure all pieces are nicely coated with the curry.￼￼
- Add the cooked basmati rice followed by the roasted geera. Mix well.￼
- Turn off the heat. Cover the pot and set it aside for 10-15minutes to allow the rice to finish cook through with the steam.
- Time to enjoy your curry vegetable rice.
- This is one of those dishes that you can have fun with and adjust all measurements for the ingredients listed above accordingly.
- I chose to use frozen vegetables but of course you can use fresh vegetables and in any quantity as you like.
- If you wish to have a stronger curry taste you can add more curry powder. Also if you wish to have more of a subtle curry taste in your finished product adjust the measurement used for the curry powder to your liking.
I hope you guys enjoyed this recipe and I definitely hope that you try it out. Thanks so much for stopping by!￼￼￼
Check out the video here: