Putting together dishes using items I already have on hand is simply exciting for me! I usually always have fish in my freezer since my husband loves fishing so I figured why not use fish and the extra spinach in my fridge to put together this fish in creamy sauce and include the spinach! I’m sure you will love it as much as I did!
SERVINGS: 4 – 5
- 1 lb fish chunks
- 1 cup cooking cream
- 3 cups chopped tomatoes
- 4 cups spinach leaves
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/4 tsp JGM Products cayenne pepper (or as you like)
- 1/2 tsp JGM Products paprika
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Add salt, black pepper to the fish pieces and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan over low heat.
- Sauté onions and garlic.
- Add chopped tomatoes and still well.￼￼￼ Cover the pot and allow the tomatoes to cook until tender and can be crushed. If you prefer to have chunks of the tomatoes in the sauce, there is no need to ensure all tomatoes are crushed.
- Add cooking cream followed by paprika, Cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper. Stir well and simmer for a few minutes.
- Add fish chunks and spinach leaves. ￼￼￼
- Cover pan and cook for a few minutes on low/medium heat until the fish is properly cooked through and the spinach leaves has wilted.
- Taste and adjust salt if needed.
- Serve over some basmati rice and enjoy!
- The fish I used was mahi mahi but you can use any firm fish. Be sure to not overcook it as it can fall apart depending on the type of fish you choose to use.
- I prefer no chunks of tomatoes in the sauce or as little as possible so I prefer to crush them fully but if you prefer the chunks remember that you don’t need to fully crush all the tomatoes.￼￼
- The cooking cream is usually found in the chiller section of the supermarket where you will usually find the yogurts and even the cheese. If you cannot get your hands on cooking cream, you can use evaporated milk and add some butter for a similar taste and richness.
Check out the video here: