Sweet potatoes are an excellent source of Vitamin A, dietary fiber, potassium and more! It’s sweeter than your regular potatoes and make a great dish side!
Sweet potatoes can be used in soups, steamed, boil and fry, pie and even salad!
Today I decided to do butter garlic sweet potatoes to go along with the rest of my Sunday lunch menu.
It’s a very easy recipe for you to follow…
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, cubed
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 pimento
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 chadon beni leaves, chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Boil sweet potatoes and set aside.
- Melt butter and add grated garlic to it. Set aside.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Sautee onions and pimentos.
- Add boiled sweet potatoes followed by melted butter, garlic and salt.
- Toss well to evenly coat the sweet potatoes with the butter and garlic mixture.
- Cover skillet and reduce heat.
- Cook for 1-2 mins. Add a sprinkle of water if the contents are sticking to the skillet.
- Add chopped chadon beni. Mix well.
- TIME TO EAT!
This makes a great side dish! I had it alongside some callaloo, stew chicken, rice, cole slaw and chick peas salad 😋
It was quite delish!! Hope you give it a try!
Thanks much reading my blogpost! 😀💖