Trinidad is known for its diverse food culture! We’ve got doubles, roti, pholourie, curries, stews… you name it!… but when you are trying to eat healthy, it can be tough when you have all these foods around you that are so easily accessible!
It is very important however that we try to include healthy meals. I’ll try my best to include some here on my website for you.
I believe in moderation. I’m not a dietician or nutritionist so I will not give advice on any particular diets but I can tell you that making subtle changes to your daily food intake can make a difference.
For example, instead of using white flour, bread etc, switch them with whole grains… today I did whole grain pasta with chicken, broccoli and pumpkin. If you are into working out, this is a great meal for you.
If yo don’t workout, you should still to have some healthy meals on a regular basis.
Here is how to put together this dish…
TO SEASON CHCIKEN:
- 1/2 tsp JGM PRODUCTS Complete Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp JGM PRODUCTS paprika
- 1/2 tsp JGM PRODUCTS garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp JGM PRODUCTS cayenne pepper
- Chicken breast chunks (3 breasts that I deboned)
- 2 1/2 cups broccoli
- 1 cup pumpkin, chopped
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, grated
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 cups whole grain pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup water (to be used while cooking… a little at a time to prevent sticking)
- 1 1/2 tsp JGM PRODUCTS garlic powder
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp JGM PRODUCTS complete seasoning
- Season chicken with the complete seasoning, cayenne pepper, paprika and garlic powder. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions and set aside.
- Heat oil in skillet over low heat.
- Sauté onions and garlic. Add pumpkin. Cover skillet and cook for 1-2mins.
- Remove the lid and add chicken and broccoli. Cover skillet (Add water if necessary to prevent sticking) and Cook until chicken is properly cooked through…. approx 3 mins (can vary depending on the size of the chicken chunks).
- Add cooked pasta, 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp complete seasoning and pepper flakes.
- Toss well.
- Time to eat!
This dish is super easy to put together. I hope you give it a try. Remember to include meals like these in your regular diets not only if you work out. Your body will thank you in the long run 😀
Thanks much for taking the time to read this post. Send me pics when you do try this meal 👌🏼😉