Curry chicken is a dish loved by many including myself. It’s usually prepared by sautéing onions, garlic, pepper in a pot then adding curry followed by the chicken but have you ever had baked curry chicken??? No sautéing of onions etc… just simply baking…
It’s a simple and straightforward baked chicken recipe done with curry and roasted geera! Sounds easy and delicious right? Here’s the recipe. I am certain you will be drooling while your chicken is baking!
- 4 medium chicken thighs
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 1/2 tbsp JGM PRODUCTS medium hot curry
- 1 tbsp JGM PRODUCTS parsley
- 1 tsp JGM PRODUCTS roasted geera
- 1/2 tsp JGM PRODUCTS black pepper
- 1 tsp JGM PRODUCTS cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Wash and clean chicken thighs with lime juice and water
- Combine all ingredients and rub into the chicken pieces
- Set aside and allow to marinate 4-5 hours or longer if possible. Leaving meat to marinate overnight is usually best.
- Place chicken thighs in a greased baking dish and cover with foil. Bake at 400degrees for 25-30 mins.
- Remove foil and broil until chicken thighs are golden brown.
- TIME TO EAT!
Anytime I am preparing this, the aromas in the kitchen and throughout the house from the curry powder and geera combination just makes my mouth water!
This recipe is a healthy option and goes well with just about anything! I chose to have it with Channa (chick peas) rice and cucumber salsa. Hubby who isn’t usually a fan of curry loved it!
If you enjoy baked chicken with some sauce however, there is the option of doing baked curry chicken in coconut curry sauce. I’ll try to post that recipe in the near future.
If you think you would like to try this recipe please be sure to ‘like’ and share it with your friends/family. Send me some feedback when you try it out! Would love to hear your opinion.
As always, thank you for taking the time to read my blogpost. Check out the other posts on my website for recipes and reviews and don’t forget to follow me on Instagram to keep updated with my daily food adventures, like my Facebook Page and subscribe to my YouTube
Also, be sure to like JGM Products on Facebook.
JGM Products Co Ltd is a Trinidad based manufacturer and distributor of seasoning and spices. You can find their lines of products at most of the leading supermarkets across Trinidad, Tobago, Grenada and St. Vincent.