Homemade Chinese inspired dishes are the best! Here’s an easy recipe for you!
- 4 chicken breast, boneless and skinless, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup + 2 tsp corn starch (divided use)
- 2 large onions, cut into chunks
- 4 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 1/2tsp ginger, grated
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water or chicken stock
- 2-3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Chives to garnish
- JGM Products Chinese seasoning if needed
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Coat chicken with 1/4 cup cornstarch. Fry until golden brown or cook in the air fryer.
- While the chicken is cooking, add sesame oil to a wok. Sauté onions, garlic and ginger.
- Add stock or water, soy sauce, brown sugar and 2 tsp corn starch. Cook until the sauce thickens.
- Add the cooked chicken to the sauce.
- Garnish with chives.
- Serve over rice. Enjoy!
- If you need to add salt, you can use the Chinese seasoning as it contains salt. Add accordingly.
- Pay attention to the type of soy sauce. There’s the dark type and there’s the light (low sodium) type. If using the dark soy sauce, you can use less of it and more of the water or stock to avoid the extra dark color in the finished product.
Check out the video here: