Shrimp would be my favorite seafood so naturally anything with shrimp gets my taste buds excited! I will admit though that cleaning shrimp is my least favorite activity but someone has to do it right? lol Hubby came home with these big shrimp that just got me so excited and immediately thought about making kebabs soooo shrimp kebabs were on my menu for today! In general I use big size shrimp for kebabs and also pepper shrimp and the smaller ones for alfredo and curry.
These easy grilled shrimp kebabs seasoned with JGM Products Cajun Seasoning and Paprika are ideal for any family lunch or dinner and takes no time at all to put together. Here is the easy to follow recipe/video.
- 2 lbs medium shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 1 1/2 tsp JGM PRODUCTS Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 tsp JGM PRODUCTS paprika
- 1/2 tsp JGM PRODUCTS cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/4 tsp JGM PRODUCTS garlic powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Parsley for garnishing
- Lime/lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Season shrimp with olive oil, paprika, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, salt and cajun seasoning.
- Add seasoned shrimp on to skewer sticks. The number of shrimp on each skewer will vary depending on the length of the sticks being used.
- Place on grill/cast iron skillet over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side. Cook time will vary depending on the size of the shrimp.
- Serve with your favourite sides.
- You can add veggies in addition to the shrimp on the skewer sticks.
- If you choose to add veggies, cut them into chunks, add to the bowl with the shrimp and add a bit more of the seasonings used.
- Ensure that all ingredients are coated nicely.
- Grill over medium heat.
- Enjoy your skewers!
You can tell when shrimp is cooked through when it turns opaque. Be careful not to overcook shrimp as it can get tough and not very enjoyable. In the ingredients listed I included cayenne pepper but didn’t use it in the video as it’s optional. If you do enjoy spice however, then go for it! Add as much as you like! 😀
You can check out the cooking video for this blogpost below:
If you are a shrimp lover, check out my curry shrimp post here and also my alfredo recipe here and be sure to try out my recipe. If you’ve got your own recipe feel free to share it so that I can try it out! 😀
Don’t forget to pick up your favorite items from JGM PRODUCTS at most supermarkets in Trinidad, Tobago, Grenada and St Vincent.